Tuesday 11 November 2008

Project Proposal

Leanne Hill

Project Proposal – Graphic Design – 3rd Year


For this project I want to create a series of posters that will be typography based pieces.I want the target audience to be between secondary schools and universities as the subject I am going to be researching is going to be Sexual Health; I want to create surveys and questionnaires so I am able to give facts and figures to all about sexual health, i.e. sexually transmitted disease’s. I want people to realise how important it is to have check ups and to be safe when the start having a sexual intercourse, my main area of interest is fresher’s week as through hearing and seeing so many people make mistakes and not realising until it has already happened. I want this to be make it easier for youngsters to go and have regular checks ups even though it may be daunting for some. The way in which I create these posters I want them to be fun and informative.My project is to give people the facts to make them more aware but also to give them the advice of what to do if they think they have questions to be answered.

Week 1 – 3rd November 2008

Start to research Sexual Health and what there is offered to youngsters.
Research different type faces and layouts for my posters.
Start to research artists that I find relevant to my project.

Week 2 – 10th November 2008

Create a questionnaire with relevant questions involving STD’s and get students to fill them in. Start to gather together peoples opinions on sexual health matters and give them the facts back.
Find out what universities have to offer in terms of clinics, condom machines, etc.
Start working out ideas for my poster series.

Week 3 – 17th November 2008

Gather all questionnaires and work out the percentages of what the students know concerning sexual health.
Find out how or if the student hotspots i.e. Bars etc, have any involvement in these matters. Leave condoms in bar along with questionnaires and a comment box.
Gathering together facts I have come across and researched in relation to questions I have asked.
Decided what fonts I want to use for the posters.

Week 4 – 24th November 2008


Cut down the poster designs I have been designing and start to get a finalised series in mind.
Collect the comments box from the Student Bar.

Week 5 - 1st December 2008

Work on final poster designs.
Print off smaller copies to have in mind what they will look like when printed.
Keep working on layouts.

Week 6 – 8th December 2008

Individual assessment week, get peoples opinions on the A4 posters, then make alterations and send to printers.

Week 7 – 15th December 2008

Poster series complete.

No comments: